View Single Post
Old 11th February 2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Have you got a spare key you can try?

My spare key will unlock the cars, and start the engine but won't disable the immobiliser - so it starts and runs for a second then dies. I have no idea why it does this, but it could be you key that is at fault.

EDIT: just to add to that, my other key works fine. I need to get this sorted, will probably start by checking the key batteries (although they are new and it unlocks the car remotely OK) and then have a look at removing some of the steering column.
This wont help you - but I got some time to play with mine yesterday (see page one of this thread) and realised that the chip is in the top half of the key, next to the blade and not in the remote section. When I built the key into the new case I left the chip in the old bit! refit the old bit and its all happy!
'02 S8 - Ebony Black Pearl, 'Swing' Grey Leather/Alcantara, PDC, Xenon Plus, Bose, Phone Prep, Navigation Plus, TV, auto dipping interior and exterior mirrors, UV/Solar Tint Glass, Ski Hatch, Extended leather pack 1, Rear Sun Blinds, Memory Driver & Passenger Seat, Heated Front Screen, Heated Rear Seats.