View Single Post
Old 10th March 2011, 03:33 PM

Just a quick update,

Earlier in this thread I mentioned I fitted a WABCO compressor. That is OEM in the sense that WABCO supply audi.

Now-I didn't buy from Audi-as the price difference for the audi parts label was £800...

I bought from this guy here:

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/%...id=p4340.l2559

And was impressed by his feedback. He supplied me with the wrong item the 1st time and sent another one, and although it fitted and "worked", it was making a hideous vibration (metallic almost-so prominant that I could feel it in the pedals)

Today I bit the bullet and spent £1200 on a new compressor from Audi, just come on from fitting it (took me about 1.5hr-not bad for a bird huh ) spot on, not a single peep out of it.

Turns out the bracket rivetted to the compressor is ever so slightly out on the one from the german guy. That was a VERY expensive lesson learned-and I in future will only buy OEM from audi.

The seller above seemed to really know his stuff for the A6 suspension system, but lost a bit with the D3 A8's, even now he has the wrong info in his listings.

Be aware if anyone has this problem that the only real way of fixing this is to buy from Audi themselves. I can't tell you how relieved I am now that it's totally silent again... I really do take my beautiful car for granted sometimes...

07 Silver D3 A/S8L Quattro S8 front end, Xenons, Bose, Bluetooth, Voice Control, Autodim mirrors, Heated folding mirrors, Double Glazed Windows, Electric Rear & Side Blinds, Black leather Comfort Seats with front memory seats & mirrors, Front & rear heated seats, Interior/Exterior light pack, TV.I.M, AMI, Parking sensors Front & Rear, Air suspension (soon to be lowered), Keyless entry & Start/Stop, 4 zone climate control, Power Boot Open/Close.

Last edited by A8L Chick; 10th March 2011 at 03:35 PM.