Thread: Lpg?
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2011, 08:50 PM

A8 LPG

1. You won't find LPG in every station
(AGREE Need to plan route) country wide u get a account card and can use pump 24/7 even if there shut for us in the country)

2. You still have to fill up petrol
( put £20 of Shell petrol in and i get a good month or so on it, with no problems)

3. It farts and stinks after a fill up
(Never had this problem of farts. Only stink i get is when u take filler off pump)

4. Some garages won't work on it
(Never had this prob but i know it happens)

5. If it does go wrong it will be pricey (LPG injectors, separate ECUs)*
(Only had odd thing go wrong and that was not fault of lpg more the install.)

6. It needs servicing
( i get mine serviced every 18months at the cost of £145. Thats from main importer for the UK, for my system. so they have everything in stock, as they supply the UK agents. Plus there fitter's train there UK agents.
Not far either, just outside Bath. They have it for a morning while i go around town.)

7. LPG gauges not accurate, you need to reset your mileage counter and go on that.
(Never had this prob either, i just got 4 green lights showing full. When it gets to 2 or 1 if you know where the staion is. After 1 the bar flashes to say its about to run out then it flicks over auto to petrol. No dramas)

Think Singh was just unlucky with his. Sure if he gave it another go, in the future, he might change his mind.

As for mpg in my 3.7 sport, i get 22.5. Daily running around @70p a ltr. Works out same if not better than i was spending on my passat tdi. Now tho i have smile as i drive.

I def did miss the LPG, when i hadto wait 2 weeks, to get car booked into fix fault. My fuel bill did go up alot.Fault was when the installer installed it, he didnt protect the cable from exhaust. So it melted and earthed out on it, tripping LPG out (installed before i got it)

http://www.greenfuel.org.uk/company
"Greenfuel the official UK importer of BRC LPG equipment."