View Single Post
Old 14th June 2011, 06:54 PM

Right its a supercharged A8 4.2 Quattro Sport, ABZ engine (originally 300hp) it has a 9.0:1 compression ratio and now has an Eaton M112 Supercharger producing around a 1 bar of boost.

As far as power is concerned I dont know yet, I expect it to be in excess of 450hp. It is still a bit of work in progress on that side of things so we will have to wait and see. I am on strictly limited RPM until everything has be honed/checked but I was able to drive the 300 odd mile journey home without incident although at present it has an oil leak so am in the progress of cleaning it down so that I can identify the source.

The work was carried out by JOMO engineering in Ireland but everything is most definitely custom fit, this isnt going to be any sort of kit. As you can see from the pics it has been shoe horned into the space previously occupied by the variable length intake manifold and fits snug under the bonnet. Everything from the complete breather system, throttle butterfly, belt routing, intake manifold. It is such a tight fit that both the sound proofing on the bulk head at the back of the engine and the fan blades at the front of the engine have been modified to accommodate such a large charger