Thread: Cat replacement
View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2011, 08:20 AM

Well I've got her back from having the new Sports cats fitted and what a fabulous difference.

From such a small change, I've now got a snarling V8. It sound so much better, lots more bass notes to the sound and some lovely pops and bangs on the overrun. Ben will post some photo's of the finished exhaust.

I've noticed is a massive change in my fuel consumption. The car would regularly return 21mpg on the computer, closer to 20mpg in reality. Yesterday over 180 miles including a lot of queuing and slow moving traffic through small towns she did over 23mpg on the computer. Looking at the fuel gauge that looks accurate too, so it looking to have made a near 10% improvement in my fuel consumption. Now at 80-90mph its more economical that it was at 70-75mph previously.

The other thing is, the emissions have actually improved from the last MOT too, I haven't got the exactly result to hand as the printout is in the car, but everything was better than on the original cats.

As you can probably guess, I'm ecstatic with the results, in fact on my own in the car yesterday after dropping Ben off on the return from Goodwood, I was a giddy as a schoolchild. Driving home with the windows wound down, listening to the new soundtrack. If anyone is having problems with a cat, or just fancies an upgrade that really works, I would wholeheartedly recommend you call Ben and get something similar done.