Thread: Tempting...
View Single Post
Old 18th July 2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
Looks quite low - was the DRC changed for coilovers?

Where did the ally mirrors go...

Anyhow, I miss my RS6. Yes, it wasn't anything like as comfortable as the D2, and it had nothing in way of toys compared the D2, but its the only audi I ever owner that actually made my internal organs feel under pressure. Seriously.

The W12 D3 has 450 ponies. So does the RS6, but they're galaxies apart. The W12 will dial up the power, but is so linear, you'll never notice. You just get there quicker, and even with the window open, theres not a hair out of place.

The RS6, now thats like a D2 S8 in terms of take off, right upto about 1750 revs - then it roars loudly, snaps your neck off, and rearranges your lunch as both the turbos spin up and start to dump fuel at a rate previously seen only when the US leaks it in the sea.

Dont ever think you can drive it gently and get a sensible mpg. Forget it, its just not possible. Its not just a discipline thing, as all it wants it nailing hard with that gorgous V8 rumble, but the turbos are always purring, just supping the juice via the twin fuel pumps.

Mine was pretty special in terms of spec, and the clifford remote intellistart made it even cooler.

Owning an RS6 is one of those 'must do before I die things' although these days, its probably worth doing whilst fuel is this side of £2 / litre
I still kick myself we didn't do a deal you know...