View Single Post
Old 31st August 2011, 11:42 AM

Default For Sale - My 2002 S8 in Avus Silver

Hello all,
I've been mulling my options and am now looking to sell my S8. I am in no urgent hurry and will be very sad to see her go. The highlights of the car are:-

2002 D2 S8 - finished by quattro GmbH
92000 miles, taxed till 02/12 test till 07/12
Avus Silver with painted D3 20" wheels
Extended Leather Pack - inc Half Alcantara/Leather front seats with full Leather Rear seats.
Sony Rear Seat entertainment - with PS2 replacing DVD changer. I still have the original changer.
Tinted Windows - The side rear and back window I think are factory, the front sides done later with film.
Plus all the other usual refinements... It looks like a final edition but the spec is subtly enhanced above this. So you still have the Bi-Xenon's, Electric blind, Nav Plus, Heated front and rear seats etc. I'm not going to trot out the full list, you'll see it for yourself when you come to view the car.

There are a couple of marks to the paint(Bonnet and Rear Bumper) and I have scuffed the nearside wheels when trying to allow emergency vehicles past, but she still looks fantastic. As the photo's will demonstrate.

3 owners inc. me. Full service history, by Audi to 70k including Cambelt in Apr 2009 by Grimsby Audi and independents since then. All of the recent servicing has been done by Ben.

I can't even begin to list the work I had done, but its all been preventative maintenance, this car has never let me down. But as a sample, work done includes, discs and pads all round, MAF, all output shaft seals from the gearbox, gearbox fluid and filters, Sunroof and A/C drains, catalysts.....If you want a full breakdown I'll give you this when we meet.

I am pretty anal when it comes to anything mechanical with the car, as Ben will testify. When ever I find something wrong I am straight on the phone to him for advice and asking when it can be fixed. I have had the car remapped by Revo, which has made a world of difference to the performance, though this can be removed if you so wish.

I also have waiting to be fitted, brand new front OEM disc's and pads plus a full set of Continental Sport Contact 3 tyres, which I will include with the sale. I bought the discs to take with me to Germany, where they were blissfully unneeded. I bought the tyres as I thought the current Dunlops might be due for replacement, as it turns out I had 4-5mm left all round after 24k miles on the car.

I have loved this car above all my other cars I have owned, so it will be gut wrenching to see her go.

Call or e-mail me. 07971 229 883 or refropatton@hotmail.com

Last edited by Reffro; 28th January 2012 at 09:26 PM.