View Single Post
Old 8th February 2012, 09:30 PM

Having had my D3 S8 for almost two months now, if anyone is tempted then go for it. The D2 was nice but this is in a different league. It is a very comfortable very high quality place to be when driving normally with bags of torque. It will trickle along at about 1,200 revs in 6th left to its own devices and pull like a train from 2,000. When you want to get a move on its like nothing else. In many situations on familiar roads I can find myself travelling at least 20mph+ than I would have been drving with the same vigor in the D2. The noise is a cross between my old ur quattro and the D2 S8 from low revs which I guess sort of makes sense being a V10. There is a particular road near me with a high stone wall alongside - I have now mastered trying to stay between 3,500 & 3,750 revs, it really howls in sport mode. Anyone else with the V10 will know what I mean. Fuel consumption will be much better when (if) I get over the frequent little "indiscretions"!
One day I'll get around to posting some pics, of the Stealth Bomber as my wife calls it.
Mike