Thread: Current Drain
View Single Post
Old 18th April 2009, 07:57 PM
General Git

Default Current Drain

So I left my lights on the other day and, of course, on my return the battery was flat. Given that it was three days later I wasn't really surprised.

After a charge the car started but I could hear that the battery wasn't in particularly healthy condition. I then measured the ambient current draw with everything else switched off (yes, I even disconnected the two boot lights to make the measurement).

I measured 380 mA without the alarm armed and I wondered if anyone else has made the measurement and we could compare. First thoughts are that with no alarm there should be no current drain but then again I could be wrong. At the above rate, given that the battery is 100 Amp Hours then I couldn't leave the car for two weeks without the battery going flat. Anyone else think this isn't right?

Also I am concerned about the overall state of my battery and am thinking of replacing it. I get the feeling that any old one from Halfords just won't do; can an adult please point me in the right direction.

Many thanks!!!

Gitfish