View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBlue8 View Post
Now that is a cool and resonably priced mod IMHO.

Some questions:

1. Is there any reason why this wouldn't work in a D2?
2. If you only want to use for games, DVDs and SD card, is the only connection you need to a power source?
3. The ones that Guy identified included wireless headphones that look like a pretty good idea. What are the pros and cons of each system?
4. I gather that the headrest covers are not leather. How good/tacky are they?

Thanks - Jim
1. No they should work in any car.
2. Yes, Just the power is required, or you can connect the ins and outs to each other and i believe you can play against each other in 2 player games, i havent tried it though
3. I was lucky that one of the ebay sellers was near me in leeds so was able to go down there and take all the different types out of the box and see it in the car.

the 9" ones definetly look too big for my liking, those 7" one guy found look to have the same functionality, though seems quite wide on padding at the sides, i would measure the width of the oems ansee how it stacks up against these.

4. they are not leather, black is definetly the best colour, the "leather" grain is a little larger than my oem leather interior, but doesnt notice now ive dyed them the same colour, certainly not tacky, just not as elegant as the oem monitors (but you dont get the functionality with the oems)

If the dye had not looked right my next option would have been to take the oem covers of and replace these headrests with the oem. i did a quick test to see if they would fit, and they would if you cut of some excess padding at each side, so worse case i knew i would have to cut the foam out and place the original covers over.
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom