View Single Post
Old 25th July 2012, 09:34 AM

Default The Ian / Plankton D2 regretably for sale

Hi folks.
I appreciate I am a fresh face on the forums and thus have little real history or credibility. That makes the decision to re-sell this car all the harder for me.I wont say too much, but the long and short is that our personal circumstances have been a little challengingov er the past few weeks since taking proud ownership of the car. We laid my father in law to rest Tuesday and now his wife has had a stroke. There are other complications but thats all for another time.

What can I tell you that is new? Very little to be honest. I bought the car from Ian (IT) and was treated like a friend from the first communications. On meeting him the car was sold to me within the first 20 minutes (I just didnt let on to Ian ) It drives and looks like one of the most honest cars I have ever seen or driven. I know that Ian had worked his magic on fettling a few issues that the car had whilst with its previous owner. He simply enthused about the car - and is in a much stronger position and understanding about these beasties than I ever will.
I dont think I have covered 500 miles in the car. All I have done is to reboot it with some matching quality part worn tyres and clay bar and Meguires the bodywork.

Im going to drop Ian a message and see if he would be good enough to add a little detail on the fettling he did whilst he owned the car. I do know that the cabin motor which clicked was replaced, the Sat Nav updated at Audi, parking sensors sorted...The huge job was the interior swap to half leather / half alacantra. People who know Ian will appreciate that his cars need to be of a certain standard and "just so" for him to settle with them and just enjoy the driving experience.

I will be back to the A8. Just now isnt quite the time for us.

Thank you for taking the time to read. I would respectfully ask that all enquiries are genuine and that people appreciate that all I need to see is to recoup what the car stands me. I am not open to opportunist offers. Things are tough enough just now.

Below is the original advert Plankton posted.Hope he doesnt mind me plagerising it here. It can be found in full on the For Sale section.

Audi A8 4.2 40v quattro. Facelift 310bhp model. Silver/black leather (1999 V)
Private plate included (A8 UDH).

Just had cambelt, alternator (ribbed) belt, thermostat and water pump changed (April 2012).

103,000 miles (now 108,000)

MOT 28th November 2012
Tax end November 2012

Gearbox oil changed at 60,000 miles.

S8 18" wheels
Electric slide and tilt solar panel sunroof (powers the interior fan when parked in the sun)
Double glazing
Rear(electric) and side blinds
Independent left/right climate control with icy air-con.
Excellent Bose stereo (6 disk cartridge).
Front and rear parking sensors.
Built in Sat-Nav with 2007 disk
Parking sensors front and rear
Front AND rear electric heated seats
Cruise control
Xenon lights
Auto dimming rear view mirror with ambient red interior lighting.
Cheap car tax
"A8" personal plate included
Sump replaced, transmission oil changed.

Wishing everybody well. Love your cars, but love your families more folks. And if you have kids off for 6 weeks - make the time count.

Looking to see £3000 for a fantastic car.
Please PM me if interested.

Last edited by Bushido; 25th July 2012 at 06:07 PM.