View Single Post
Old 10th July 2013, 08:30 AM

I'm rubbish with electrics so please be gentle. My car has solor roof and it used to work. However it stopped a while ago now. Now i ordered a relay from A8Parts and it arrived the day after (thanks guys) when i took the relay board out the car it looks similar to this

As i have a hole where the 203 relay should be so i pushed my new relay in all good, but it still doesn't work. Also when the relay is in the holder when moving the car forward or back it clicks like mad almost as if it's picking up the wheel rotation.

The other thing i couldn't understand is how it used to work without a relay in there. Turns out the garage at somepoint has removed it to replace 382 in that photo, that had failed. They said they tested everything and couldn't find anything that the relay did so pinched it. So 2 questions, what does ralay 382 do? and why do i get clicking with 2 off 203's 1 in the correct place and one not?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	033.JPG
Views:	1731
Size:	299.9 KB
ID:	6357  

Bright yellow bus o love.