View Single Post
Old 13th October 2013, 07:41 PM

Default New door trims fitted :)

Following on from the discussion about the mismatch in interior trim colours where I posted some huge pics of my current purple painted door trims against the rest of the purple door card

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showpost....0&postcount=37

I took my new trims to ADI on Saturday and begged Sergey to lend a hand getting the lower shells out of the door cards so I could swap the purple painted bits for my new dark myrtle (aka dark grey) ones.

Couple of pics of what they looked like originally - they weren't in bad condition unless you looked closely and noticed the nail marks in the plastic sections:

Offside rear all done

The grey section underneath is a match for the 'swing' grey on the top of the door, whereas the door pull area is platinum.

Front passenger door all done - this was in quite bad condition in the door pull area

The whole set of 4 came from A8 Parts naturally, but the driver's door trim is in quite a bit worse condition than the other 3 so I've decided to bite the bullet and buy a brand new one for 'my' door as it's the one I'll be seeing and using the most! The used one would annoy me quite quickly I think. Only problem is the lower shell is no longer available from Audi in Swing so I'm going to have to locate a good used one or trawl ebay auctions till a new old stock one turns up. in the meantime I'll fit the purple lower back in once the new trim arrives

Really pleased with how it looks

Adrian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2651.jpg
Views:	846
Size:	265.1 KB
ID:	6844   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2652.jpg
Views:	849
Size:	636.9 KB
ID:	6845   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2653.jpg
Views:	1073
Size:	421.8 KB
ID:	6846   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2654.jpg
Views:	875
Size:	266.8 KB
ID:	6847   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2655.jpg
Views:	1222
Size:	500.3 KB
ID:	6848   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2656.jpg
Views:	1538
Size:	457.4 KB
ID:	6849   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2657.jpg
Views:	1342
Size:	610.0 KB
ID:	6850  

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC