View Single Post
Old 12th January 2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H24k View Post
I noticed that the passenger side carpet gets soaking wet (right hand drive car) probably due to the usual drain hole problem which I need some decent weather to address, and I went out the other day and noticed that my indicators have stopped working, the Hazards work fine but no indicators!

I noticed that the wooden panel under the glove box was wet and the water runs down onto the carpet and am wondering if any of those relays have anything to do with the indicators, ive heard that the indicator relay is under the steering wheel however are there any other relays on passenger side that could of got wet hence indicators stopped working?

Any advice is Greatly appreciated.

Most probably it's Botang's hole.

In this particular case water will not get into the box with wooden cover, but it'll be dripping right into indicator relay. That relay is located **above** the box with wood cover. Just get on your knees and look under glovebox above passenger's footrest (no need to remove glovebox). There is an additional relay panel a bit to the right and above the passenger footrest. Relays in that panel are located a bit upside down, so if water is dripping on them it will effectively stay in casings damaging relays completely.

So, just remove all relays one by one from that panel (no need to remove anything from car -- the panel is directly accessible with bare hands). With a couple of knives/screwdrivers open case of each relay and if you find water just swap relay with a new one.

Of course, fix the Botang's hole before putting new relay in:

There's is a piece of sticky paper under a layer of mastic/paint above a hole that peels off eventually and allows water into passenger footwell area. On RHD car access is restricted by electric box. It is possible to fix the hole without removing the box, you will need long tweezers, heat gun or hairdryer, methylated spirit or industrial adhesion promoter and high quality silicone or any industrial grade glue (Soudaflex is good stuff) in a cylindric cartridge, extra long nozzle for the cartridge, and a silicone applicator gun.

Pictures of the hole on LHD car. Same on RHD car, but with more difficult access because of the electric box.

Piece of paper is hiding under paint/mastic:

Partially removed:

Fully removed:

Incredible, piece of paper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	d789bf4480a1.jpg
Views:	1461
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	7149   Click image for larger version

Name:	04034aef80dd.jpg
Views:	1620
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	7150   Click image for larger version

Name:	535ca1080680.jpg
Views:	1667
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	7151   Click image for larger version

Name:	0ee596bc5ae8.jpg
Views:	1599
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	7152  

Last edited by notorious; 12th August 2014 at 08:28 AM.