View Single Post
Old 28th February 2014, 11:04 AM

Default best place for qulaity parts

hi guys i need to know where is the best place for quality parts... money isnt an issue especially with the parts im needing.

my 4.2 petrol head gasket needs replacing, so since ive stripped back the entire front end i will be changing other things too.

parts list so far...

timing belt
aux/fan belt
water pump
head gasket kit and new bolts

i have already been down to audi and got a price of them etc however the issue arrived when i went into my local motor factors, for other things.

they are saying audi parts are basically rubbish compared to there genuine brands. basically there saying audi gives you a part not from a manufacturer but from a retailer, whereas the motor factor guys are saying they get parts from manufacturers. e.g. there timing belt is made by gates which they are saying is way better than what audi is selling, same with the water pump he said there's is either beauer or hella whereas audi is just recon units.

now i always thought dealer parts are oem and the best but the motor factor is saying they arnt.

can anyone clarify this....?
and maybe advise me where is the best place to get the above list, as i was just going to go to audi...?!

thanks in advance