View Single Post
Old 1st April 2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
This is not about the Sale of Goods Act, unless you purchased the car from new. If you bought it new (or used, from Audi), you have a contract with Audi. If you bought privately or a non Audi dealer, you have no contract with Audi, and thus no "privity of contract".

What you are instead reliant upon, is the 12 year transferrable corrosion warranty. This is transferrable because (presumably) it is industry standard, increases the re-sale value of the brand (and thus makes more people buy into it).

So, what you need to do is obtain a copy of the corrosion policy wording applicable to the vehicle when it was first sold. Audi should be able to provide you with this. If they can't, hard to see how they'd defend any claim based on the terms it contains!

Then, send it to me, and I'll have a look over it for you, we'll have a chat, and decide what to do. Trust me I'm a lawyer.
Dezzy, I wouldn't give up at this stage, never, it's not me
And exactly, where is their loyalty to the customer

Dan, I appreciate that

I will throw all that stuff at the 'personal claim manager' when I actually see him, I think its better this way than talking to people who just log the calls over the phone.

What Bexley Audi was trying to ''suggest'' is that this is a paint default which is covered only for 3 years only. Also they were suggesting that stuff around the windscreen is caused by motorway use and stones, but when I asked about exactly same bubbling on driver's and passenger's doors, then suddenly they were unable to 'produce' any further b@l@x

Dan, again, I appreciate that very much and will get back to you as soon I meet with the 'personal liar'

PS. Spoke to Carsten, he says Thank You once again for your business and will let you know asap about the rear disc

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten