View Single Post
Old 9th May 2014, 02:28 PM

Default Annual service time again - and tyres

Because I do so few miles it's always on an annual basis (done about 4,500 in 12 months) but since I got away with just an oil change and new rear discs and pads last year I'm treating the old thing a bit!

It's booked in next Friday at Camspec for inspection service with cabin filters, brake fluid change and a proper air-con service including antibacterial treatment as it's a bit wiffy sometimes.

Just ordered 2 Michelin Super Sports to complete the set I started in September, although annoyingly the ones I bought then were apparently only produced for a short time and were replaced in October last year! Found a bargain price though - £186 a corner incl delivery from mytyres.co.uk

I'm also getting a front wheel refurbished as it's been chipped by flying debris since it was done in September

I will finally be getting rid of the original Michelin Pilot Sport directional tyre that's been on the spare since the car was new! I figure 12 years old isn't great even for a spare - I'm sure someone less fussy will pay good money for it on ebay! The Pilot Sport 2s that are coming off the car will be assessed and the best will go on the spare and I'll have one left to either store in the loft or sell on. It's got a good 4mm of tread on it I think.

Fingers crossed nothing crops up that's unexpected

A

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC