Thread: Centre console
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2014, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAM View Post
Many moons ago, I purchased a leather centre console. I have meant to fit it many times, but have never got round to it. I have no instructions, and am somewhat worried about damaging other trims, especially as I have Exclusive Oak Sepia Wood Trims.

I need to get off my butt and try to fit it.

Does anyone have instructions on how to fit this safely? I would rather have it fitted before the meet as it will improve the interior somewhat. As Audi aren't exactly going to help me fit it, I will have to risk it.

So not looking forward to this..... can anyone help with instructions for this?
Hi MAM

You mean the whole center console, inc arm rest etc.???
Dont worry about the wood trim. Take the front ash tray out, there is torx screw behind it, unscrew it and pull the whole trim up but not to far as you will need to disconnect mmi, hand break etc. and you done with this part.
Dont worry as also the trim is stuck to a metal frame so impossible to bend it without jumping on it

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten