View Single Post
Old 26th May 2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
Use this

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/power-too...skuId=12028339

If you remove the lance and trigger from the hose, then cut off a piece of the hose about 4" long then re assemble the trigger and lance back onto the hose.

Remove the nozzle from the end of the lance and push the piece of hose over the end of the tube enough so it stays on.

You will now find the part of the hose that swells over the lance creates a nice seal in the sunroof drain hole.

I pressurised the bottle with air first to blow the crap out of the drain tube then after it cleared I then filled the bottle with warm soapy water and flushed the drain lines out with a few litres of water.

If all my ramblings is not making sense let me know and I will take photo's of my set so you can see what I mean.

Good luck
Del, that did the trick. Purchased the very same bottle and followed the instructions you posted. My sunroof surround is no longer a lake, cleared both front drains. You can actually hear the air escaping from the other end of the drain tube.

I've not flushed them through yet, it was raining when I unblocked them. For now I just wanted to remove the risk of the interior getting wet again.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles