View Single Post
Old 6th August 2014, 02:45 PM

Default A8 - D2 Auto Folding Mirrors

Dunno if anybody would still be interested in this, I've had my A8 now for about 12 years and for about the last 11 found it annoying and dangerous at times when trying to get out of the car (having already folded them).

So I having finally got around to having look at several different ways of how to do this with the least amount of work / wiring hacking etc.

In my case I wanted the mirrors to fold when the locked but not to unfold until the key was in the in ignition. I also wanted it to be totally dead when off. I.e no constant draw of any mA at all..

In my case I fitted a switch to the rear door the detects locking and a relay and two mini timer circuits in the pass footwell near the mirror fold unit.

If there is any real interest in this please let me know and I will follow up with more info.

I would expect once you have all the bits, it would take less that a couple of hours to install (including making cuppa's) and costs about £20

And I guess it would also work for any car that uses the same folding control relay.

I just need to get out of the habbit of reaching for the folding knob before getting out lol

Daz

Last edited by Daz 70; 6th August 2014 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Added a bit more