View Single Post
Old 31st August 2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
Hi Mark

We're an independent company, so there's no-one directing what we do. But we've not developed a cure, just a better way of diagnosing the disease. Invasive Fungal Disease affects those whose immune system is suppressed (patients being treated for AIDS, cancer, transplants and so on) and can carry a mortality rate of >60%. Our system provides a much quicker diagnosis (hours rather than days) so that treatment can begin sooner and increase the chances of survival.
As for my earlier work in a lab, I was in the Public Health Lab - no research, just routine
analysis of samples from ill patients (did you ever wonder where that blood sample that your GP took ended up?).
But I don't share your view of cancer research - most cancers these days are curable and there have been huge advances in treatment over the last couple of decades. The problem is, the more we learn how to cure early-onset disease, the longer we live and the more likely we are to suffer from late-onset disease. And most cancers are not really a 'disease' - they're a manifestation of our own bodies malfunctioning. Cells that would normally be regulated to stop growing and dividing when they should, just keep on multiplying, causing a 'cancer'.
Once you start me on this stuff, I'm hard to stop!
Umm I'm sure we could talk loads! I've currently beat Cancer three times, however I'm a heavy methotrexate user and my liver has gone way past the half way point of it's lifetime toxicity, and generally all of my outstanding problems left where my body has been damaged has come from the Treatment on every occasion and not once a single time by any of the Cancers. My immune system is next to zero so my awesome body would build some more lovely Cancers without a second thought, and I often sit here wondering when it'll become 4 vs Nil I do have strong view on disease have spent 22 years seriously ill and sitting on many wards, having many tests and the likes of, I just find some of the medical findings very strange in the way they present their treatments without many upfront answers. Maybe it's different on this side of things as it's pretty much the negative side of these ghastly killers, where I suppose your side is working more on the positives and maybe in that fact alone are opinions are diverse to each other.

Back with the thread though, good to see more people are contributing, as in the past knowledge of the working habits of the people you tend to speak with day in day out on this forum often helps out with the things in our life which could other wise be difficult locating, or sourcing, So keep the posts coming and at some point I will create a list so that anyone wishing to have an over view can simply see all the answers with a like back to the original post included in the list.

Regards, Mark.

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com