View Single Post
Old 7th January 2015, 10:41 AM

The new bulbs go through the back of the headlight fine - they just catch on the metal forming the reflector bowl so can't be pushed fully home. My original thought was to try installing from the front - there seems no issue with overall length, but I will try it with one and see if there's too much light bleed into the rest of the headlight before I commit to using them.

Think I'll order new gaskets - they're only a tenner each from memory. Better to be safe

I bought a Meguiar's headlight refurb kit from Halfords to lightly clean up the lenses, plus some very fine microfibre cloths to wipe any residue off the reflectors. That's as far as I'm intending to go in terms of refurbishment as they're not in bad condition by any means.

I wish Audi sold the inner plastic cover over the bulbs - that to me seems the most likely part to be broken when dismantling them? Also the part that probably attracts the most contaminants to it from the heat generated off the bulbs

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC