View Single Post
Old 8th February 2015, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasiliangringo View Post
1st registered in the UK 22/04/2008, is a Sport, but you can see from the rear plate holder its came from Germany and is an import (i know as done this before) so does this mean ts a PFL and rolled off the production line Pre Oct 07 which i believe is the change over date, however the lipped rear lid according to earlier posts was only fitted to FL cars, so still somewhat unclear..
I noticed the rear number plate holder and never gave it a second thought, the original registration plate is long gone as this has had a couple of cherish plates on it now.

Quote:
And on further investigation a CAT D claim was made against this car (the VIN which i have) 28/09/2012 which would explain the out of sync parts - ie the body-shop ordered the wrong ones for either front or rear.

I suppose you were unaware of this OP ..
Thanks for the checks buddy, no I was aware initially of some parts being changed, however the amount of parts has become a little bit of an untruth as I was unaware that they included the headlamps at the time. All of the engine and internal components are original to the car, radiator is about five years old, same age as the car so I just wished the previous seller was honest enough to tell me that the headlamps were also included in his repair bill, but I don't suspect for one minute he was ever aware of them being the wrong ones or indeed that there were five sets to choose from on a 2008 built Audi a8 Quattro Sport.

Quote:
And in considering the s line badge on the front and broken cable, my guess is it had some front end work inc new bumper panel lights etc, which were pre lift and not as per original build. Would also help explain cable as prob not correctly adjusted after new front panel installed.
The broken cable, is not broken from what I've been told... it just won't release using the pliers method... and what with dealing with the lights the bonnet had been opened dozens of times without a single issue. It's not worked since the headlights have and I'm have expecting when I eventually get in there to find that they failed to hook up that bonnet catch when the change the bulbs for me in the lights... Obviously getting them to admit that with the bonnet still closed is impossible, a photograph once it is will be a different matter.

Sorry for the absence in replying and also apologies for the amount and length of replies tonight. Hopefully that will answer a great deal of the questions asked regarding the problem I'm having and also with the dealer issues I've also had. Hope this has helped those trying to sort my bonnet issue and also those who wish to show further interest in my car.

Obviously if there is anyone on this forum confident to be able to help with my bonnet issue, either they can get it open I'm more than happy to pay someone who could do this as I'm well aware a car with a bonnet the doesn't open is not an easy sell, but through sheer frustration with dealers and sheer desperation of needing to keep moving for health reasons it was the most obvious option I had open to me at the time of posting.

Regards,

Mark.

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com