View Single Post
Old 11th April 2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasiliangringo View Post
Save on any more pain and try to source everything 2nd hand. Some pics to the forum owners of what is needed may help your situation.
Well Guy's it's been a while, but been in recovery after having to have all of my teeth removed due to radiation damage and Narcosis (bone death) of my Jaw... so not really been doing much else but sleeping.

However and I would like to thank each and everyone of you here as literally ten minutes ago the Audi brand new parts that arrived earlier in the week, I've now managed to fit myself, placing back in Brand New Genuine parts from the local Audi dealership... These consisted of:-
2 x bonnet eye bolts.
2 x Screw retainers
2 x Screws.
2 x Locator housings for the above eye bolts.
8 x Fire Retardant bonnet inside cover clips.

I've also bought one of those strikers for the release catch as for some reason mine didn't have one. all of these parts including an inside left wheel inner arch with 30% discount taken off of the total price came to £112 inclusive of VAT and was even hand delivered by one of the guys who worked in the parts department who lived near by me. So all in all, the price for the parts were exceptionally well priced I thought even without my discount.

For those of you who might of read back from previous post this was almost the bain of my life for quite a while and almost forced me to sell my much loved beautiful Audi A8 Quattro Sport for next to no money, and when the bonnet finally got cut open the problem was that of the company who ficed and changed my lights on the headlamps and where they disconnected the bonnet catch from the splitter box to get them in, who ever put it back together put both the end catch and the sleeve inside the box so that their was nothing for it to push against so that the sleeve and the inner cable would move independently. I'm not sure whether to approach the company and inform them of what they did and try and get some form of compensation as I spent £70 with them to try and get in, a further £70 with a second company, and a frustrating day trip to Plymouth which was a further £30 in fuel and three hours sitting about. What do you think? should I just let it drop and not use them again or should they be told and held accountable.?

Also I have wondered whether to approach Audi Plymouth, the very people who quoted me five hours labour with two people dedicated working on my car to strip down the car and get the problem sorted. The amount of money they wanted was crazy, it was £870 labour and any and all parts required to repair any damage that had happened or that they had caused> Only to find out that a mate with a cheap hacksaw and about £70 worth of replacement parts and a crippled disabled man fitted himself to correct the problem, I was also wondering if I should speak with them explaining that they quoted me so much and how much in the end it actually cost me to sort the problem, and whether or not they intent to rip off all of their customers who bring in cars out of warranty?

Regards,

Mark.

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com