Thread: 6hp19
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2015, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHe View Post
Is that 171k miles or km?

Miles, I'd not bother.. Km, then maybe, but find a ZF place to do it and get the software updates, etc.
Its 171000 miles. Why would you not bother? I've seen that said on a few threads and frankly the explanations people gave as to why, I don't agree with. New fluid cannot harm the box in my opinion, as long as its the right fluid matched to the right software and correctly executed.

Delboy, Dortmund is a bit far for an oil change! I don't really trust anyone this side of the irish sea to do it properly, Audi no doubt will tell me its sealed for life and have a blank expression when I show them their own tsb's and ZF literature. I want to do it myself, I have the procedure, I have the tools and lift. I just need clarification on which fluid I need. The current info I have is that my gearbox serial number means I have the optomised blue fluid, which is lifegaurd 6+ and the dealer is wrong trying to sell me the latest green fluid. I may well be wrong on that last bit but hopefully someone can clarify for me.