View Single Post
Old 15th July 2015, 01:47 PM

My first A8 in 2006 was a silver 4.2 '99 FL. A test drive in a 3.7 (no disrepect to the 3.7 owners on here) confirmed that I'd made the right choice. I've always wanted an A8 and am somewhat blind when it comes to the costs. I know other people in my social circle that seem to buy cars for economy, usability blah blah zzzz but for me, it had to be an A8. I just love the design of the car and was hooked the first time I saw one. I never dreamt that I'd be driving one years later.

I bought my current car in 2011 after my return from Uruguay. After having owned the SWB last time, I went for the LWB as I think the lines just look and flow better, and the proportions are just right. It tested my wallet last year with a 3K box rebuild but I can't see myself buying another car for a long time. The old girl is currently having Boge fitted all round as the ride was getting a bit agricultural (bouncy castle) in order for me to take my father up to the Lake District for a 'bucket list' adventure; his words, not mine I hasten to add.

One final thing worth mentioning - I was reversing out of the drive recently, and a man walking along the road gesticulated to me. I pulled over and he couldn't stop staring and looking on in admiration saying that this was his dream car. That was me about 10 years ago. I told him to start saving money for the petrol