View Single Post
Old 11th August 2015, 05:42 PM

When my stat failed recently the indicated temp climbed to 100deg plus as you would expect. However, when putting vcds on at home and starting the car, on one occasion the indicated temp showed a steady 95 when vcds show it steadily climbing to 100deg plus. I didn't manage to sort out why there was a discrepancy but it did occur on two occasions when I was trying to see if vcds could reveal any other defect. E.g pump or CTS failure. The stat is stamped as "87deg" so that is obviously when it should open and get the extra cooling of the radiator. The electric fan seemed to kick in at or around 97deg - a fact I ascertained when waiting for the engine to cool down when nursing the car back home after the stat failure. I.e. It would stop working when the temp fell below this as indicated on the dash instrument.