View Single Post
Old 18th August 2015, 07:02 AM

Ooft, a broken seatpost can be a pain in the aris Heard of it happening on a couple of occasions but glad I've not had to endure it on my cycles. Coast to coast on a BMX is serious stuff, even I'm not daft enough to attempt that

At the moment I actually own N+1 bikes, the correct number according to Velominati Rule#12 and if Mrs 47p2 counted them I would be in sheep dip

I've never tried mountain bikes although my daughter bought me a fancy Giant hybrid a few years ago to encourage me back to cycling. In the 2 years I owned it I rode 20 miles on it, I hated it with a passion and it was another year later before I dug out my old Peugeot and started being a 'roadie' again.

6 miles a day is good, it keeps everything moving and a bit of regular exercise which helps sustain the NHS coffers. 20 miles on a mountain bike is impressive, took me 2 years to achieve that, well done

I really enjoyed the Sky Ride, it was a fast pace for 40 miles and I only wish I had the legs to keep up with the car, although I did manage to finish just a few minutes behind the leading group and well ahead of the peloton. Not bad for an old git who broke his back 15 months ago

Nite Blue 3.0L SE Quattro