View Single Post
Old 12th February 2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norretal View Post
Dear God, don't put ideas in Roberto's head, he'll be riding round with his head out of the sunroof in his "Galaudy" this summer if he sees this

Quality rant, there speaks a man of experience, numerous bad ones by the sounds of it
Hehehe , yeah head out of the sunroof with his Wallance and Grommit goggles on .

"Numerous bad experiences " hehe to be fair most of the time everything goes pretty well , but i find its the repairers who have to take the flak form the owners for the factorys maddness in the design ....... wouldnt you think they could design the car so an owner could do their own bulb change .

See thing is most of the designers have never worked on cars so they dont what its like ......chuck all the figures into a CAD and it will come out with how to shoehorn that engine in the smallest gap possible .......... but what about mantanace items ..... they dont factor this in ....... Renaults are the worst ......oil filters are an epic to get at on some models .... its rediculous !

Ive found the cheaper the car you work on the most aggro you will get from the owner ..... they have hardly any money to start with so when there rusty knacker needs more work than you quoted due to everything snapping off and being seized theres a big stink over it , i tend to quote an extra hour on the job to safeguard us for such circumstances .....if it goes ok just charge for the time it took , they expect us to sprinkle glitter on a turd and end up with a mars bar.

Saying that i have had a 2010 Bentley Continental in today for front pads .... owner has supplied his own pads ..... make ive never heard of, Frein something or other ..... i refused to do it .......... you see, we as a repairer have to warranty our work , if said set of pads break up and material seperates and the car crashes into a wall wrecking the car and whatever else and it goes to court who do you think takes the blame ........ its the garage .

The garage liability insurance will not cover in this instance because the garage didnot supply the parts .

Do any of you supply your own parts and then take it to a garage to be fitted ??
This will all stop sooner or later because liability insurance is stipulating that parts supplied by owners will not be covered in the effent of miss hap ........doesnt matter if there genuine parts , the repairer has to show invoices for this and any claim can be back tracked to the manufacturers of the parts if its a parts failure.