View Single Post
Old 16th June 2019, 04:21 PM

So I stripped the car down for the turbo to find the company had sent the wrong one and someone had given the engine support bar to another garage so ended up not changing the turbo 🙄

Whilst it was stripped it had a new radiator and a/c condenser as they were leaking aswell, I blanked the turbos and carried out a smoke test on the inlets and found a leak at the right bank swirl flap manifold, the spindle as it comes out the manifold had worn away the plastic so was leaking past, so I purchased a delete kit from a polish company and fitted the kit along with the brackets for the motor to fool the ecu into thinking they are still fitted. I also carried out a tunap clean on the inlet and decoked the cast inlet manifold as it was choked on the egr channels, surprisingly a lot of carbon come from both the ports and cast manifold itself, it has made a noticeable difference in smooth running and noises it defo runs a lot quieter and feels smoother to drive but obviously the noise still lingers so thinking of just living with it for the one being.

Defo something I would suggest is the inlet clean as at 122k miles it was fairly choked up and found more so the swirl ports were cokes compare to the no flap assisted port. Also changed the gears for the throttle valve on the left bank as they had worn down and was apparent when operating by hand. So regardless of the noise still being there there has still been progress on it jist not all the progress I’d hoped for 🙄