View Single Post
Old 21st September 2013, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
Yes it does, but I'm so used to pushing the lever fully forward for park. I didn't look as I was just hopping out to quickly shut a gate. I think it is a poor design, but I did notice it before the incident and I should have taken more care.

There is an auto parking brake function, but when your rolling up to a barrier or in traffic on an incline it can grab the brakes, so I'm not keen on that one. I'm used to riding the brake when crawling in traffic so it requires a bit of thought to realise the parking brake has engaged.
Noticed tonight when I was parking up on the drive, my driveway is quite curved. So I stopped, put the car into park, went to confirm it on the indicator, but of course you can't see the indicator on the dash as the steering wheel spoke blanks it. I think that was the critical piece of the puzzle as to why it happened. As I must have glanced, but didn't see the selector indicator. And yes I engaged the electric parking brake and switched the car off before getting out.

I also noticed on the way home that I was in Sport mode on the gearbox. Again, its not a brilliant design at all.