View Single Post
Old 7th July 2021, 10:45 PM

Unhappy What preventive maintenance to do while gearbox out?

My transmission has finally gone pop. I’ll run some codes off, but was wondering what I should get done with the improved access to the back of the engine bay that is afforded by the removal of the box? Happy to do whatever preventive maintenance necessary.

Does anyone have a list please?

Cheers,
Zip

PS. If you’re interested, moving from neutral to drive after a 100mile drive, massive thump, initially thinking that someone had driven into me, then almost undriveable slipping as I pull away. No problem in reverse. Managed to get to my destination. Still a mild thump moving box into gear, then massive slipping until moving. Suspect clutch drum A has gone bang…

2002 D2 S8: Ebony Black over Platinum. A8L Comfort front seats in black (), heated rear seats, extended Leather Pack 3, blinds, glass sunroof, MFSW, Dension Gateway 100 for iPod, ski-hatch, xenon plus, auto dimming mirrors, 20" FE wheels, billet aluminium 'brake block', gunmetal Brembo calipers

2005 B6 S4 Cabriolet: Ebony Black Pearl over Silver. RNS-E, Bose, heated seats, cruise control, retrofit aux-in, centre armrest, Milltek resonated exhaust

Last edited by Zip; 7th July 2021 at 11:03 PM.