Thread: My 01 S8
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2022, 08:39 PM

Did some minor work today by installing the electric fan relay in a new location and rerouting the wires.

Finished installing the relay to this new location.

In case you were wondering what the electrical connection is that's to the left of the relay is for. It was a wiring kit for coolant temp sensor that I installed to automatically turn on/off the electric fan. I totally forgot that I bought and installed this kit.

Test fit the bottom half of the air box. This wire needs to be rerouted.

Finished getting the wires out of the way. I still need to figure out where to tuck this fuse holder out of the way.

It looks like I need drill a small hole to feed this wire (red arrow) through the side of the ECU box just like you see for the grey wire in front of the ECU box and seal the hole with waterproof silicone to keep water out.

I need to remove this connector to fix this properly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new relay location.jpg
Views:	673
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	28601   Click image for larger version

Name:	coolant sensor.jpg
Views:	684
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	28602   Click image for larger version

Name:	test fit.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	28603   Click image for larger version

Name:	spal wires.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	28604   Click image for larger version

Name:	ecu wire.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	963.7 KB
ID:	28605   Click image for larger version

Name:	ecu wire connector.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	28606  

My mods: Oxblood red interior, LED interior lights, D3 ignition coils, new window tint, tip steering wheel with new S8 emblem, mk1 TT steering wheel air bag, mk1 TT 6 speed shift knob, new shift boot.