View Single Post
Old 8th April 2024, 11:07 AM

Just resurrecting this old thread so apologies for that!

After all this time of not using Google Earth I thought I'd give it another go more for curiosity than anything else.

After displaying the usual Google 'Please wait...' screen it finally loaded the GE overlay!

Haven't seen that in many years and so am wondering if all that time ago it might have been caused by the depracation of 3G services and it just takes a looong time to load the data over a 2G connection?

It's not really usable as I drove over 20 miles with the 'Please wait...' screen displaying instead of any mapping data but got me thinking about whether it was possible to either fit a 4G LTE/5G modem in the car or even use my mobile phone as a hotspot and point the MMI at it to use instead of the car SIM as Audi seem unlikely to offer an update to the 5F in a 10-year old motor car despite using the 4H as a 4G testbed back in the day I believe..

Sure would be nice to look at the GE interface again instead of the Standard or Traffic mapping data.

And does anybody (if anybody still reads this forum) know what the latest & greatest Audi MMI/Mapping data might be please? I notice @JulianHicks mentioned 1001 in a separate thread just below this one but that's over 2 years ago now.

When I bought the car in 2018 it had P0770 & 8R0060884FC ECE 6.26.1 but I had this updated a few years ago now to;

Media version: HN+R_EU_AU_K0942_4
Nav database version: 8R0060884GS ECE 6.30.1

I might even get this updated at a Main Dealer but last time this was done they charged me a shedload of money and never updated anything!

I had to turn around and spend another couple of hours waiting for them to do it properly and although they gave me a genuine Audi SatNav DVD-sized case that should have contained the SD card(s) it was empty so I'm in no rush to repeat that experience!

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Last edited by GlynH; 8th April 2024 at 12:20 PM.