View Single Post
Old 9th February 2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
I know you haven't seen mine and it's fairly lowly factory spec being a Final Edition, but does have the modern updates which lift it over many in spec terms, at least for me anyway!

I've had mine over a year now and I paid under £8k when it only had 40k on the clock - that was from a dealer too. The previous owner had spent similar sums of money maintaining mine (£7k spent in 9 months!) including a cambelt service and front brakes. I did buy in the run up to Xmas and the car had been advertised at just under £10k, but I think the dealer was getting nervous when nobody called!

My wheels aren't diamond cut any more, but are wearing decent PS2 tyres all round that were more or less new when I bought it.

IF you can find the right person you might find they're prepared to pay top end of the market for it because it's a genuine car, but as with all market economics it depends how long you're prepared to wait for that buyer.

The kind of bills you're talking about all add up to a cared for car, which makes a sale more likely once someone comes to view.

My mate who's serviced your car reckons yours is an absolute minter with attention to minor details that most people wouldn't bother with - certainly if you do decide to sell it would be a car for someone serious about having a D2 S8 for the long term

Guess the question is whether 2 V8s are as unlikely to see much use as the one you had before buying the Merc

Adrian
Your car sounds lovely mate, and spec wise mine hasn't rear blinds or Bose - so your standard spec isn't as lowly as you think!

Your friend is very kind with his comments. To be fair, I looked at plenty of cars before I settled on this one - some much higher spec.

I bought on condition and service history. The mileage was, to be fair irrelevant, it just happened to be one of the cars I saw with lower mileage, but not the lowest. The colour was also a deciding factor; I have a friend with a D2 S8 that he has owned since it was six months old, and only on 25k miles as i type! Volcano black, so I figured if I bought a black one too, he would get a bit freaked out!

I did, however, spend a week on the car before I was happy with how it looked once I got it. I'm a bit anal like that, and am starting to do the same to the SL.

Two V8s? Hmm, as much as I'm tempted by that, SWMBO would never allow that!

Yeah baby!!

2002 Aqua Blue S8 with Milltek - Now sold

SL55 AMG Silver with designo red leather and 20" Carlsson 1/16 Utlralight Wheels