View Single Post
Old 26th August 2022, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
Check out the following thread which describes your exact scenario:

https://www.a5oc.com/threads/climate...eversed.25972/

Here is the relevant section about the MMI hidden menu:

You can test this by holding down the 'Setup' button on the console, then whilst continuing to hold it, press the 'Car' button for 5 seconds or so. If nothing changes on the MMI screen, it's not enabled.

If however the sequence above brings up a green screen with some unfamiliar (and largely German) options lists, then you may be in luck. You should see a 'Diag settings' option - select this and then you'll see further options in German including 'Car Menus Maske'. Click that and you'll see some interesting stuff like Battery level and, relevant to your particular question, 'Linslenker'. Checking/unchecking the Linslenker option will essentially reverse the relevant control functions left-right (and vice versa) to cater for left-hand drive/right-hand drive cars.

If the green menu isn't enabled, you can do so using VCDS with the following instructions. NB: You need to be on version 5570 of the MMI:
  • Click on module 07 – Control Head
  • Click on 'Adaptation - 10'
  • Select Channel 8
  • Read stored value. By default it should be 0
  • Change value to 1 and 'test' it
  • Read stored value. Now it should be 1
  • If successful, 'save' it
  • Click on 'Done, Go Back'
Thank you for this.

I do not have the green menus and cannot figure out how to turn them on.

I have HEX-NET and an Android tablet but can't seem to figure out how to do this. I've never really used it except for viewing and clearing codes.

Do I require a PC and the software to be able to do this?

Thanks

Last edited by AlHeart; 26th August 2022 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Xx