Thread: Hny
View Single Post
Old 1st January 2022, 12:29 PM

After taking two days to get a new cctv camera to work on my PC I realised that my 4 channel DVR was fully populated. Bugger.
Carried on reading the Japlish manual and saw a setting to enable 4+2 cameras.Four analogue and two IP. But it took another day to actually make the camera talk with the DVR. Kept trying Channel 5 then accidentally managed to try channel 6. Neither worked.
I gave up and deleted all my work with it but in my anger forget to clear channel 6..
Went for a brew and a sulk.
Returned to where I had been working and the 453%$T%EYTFTUY camera was working absolutely perfectly on Channel 6.
With fingers crossed I tried allsorts to stop it working. Switching off, disconnecting the camera cable, honestly everything but ('cos I'm a scaredy cat) moving it to Channel 5. And it kept working, even when I powered the bloodie thing via POE.
I began to think it was female. Ooops! Sorry MJ. I meant Chinese.

Oh it was made in China so reading the Japlish was my first but not only error.

Woke up this morning, into a New Year, and it is working fine.
Dare I try another camera in channel 5?

A Happy New Year to you ALL.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)