View Single Post
Old 26th January 2015, 07:48 PM

After nine years I knew the area rather well.
First there in May 1958 and spent the time in Bielefeld and Detmold, still have German friends there. Guys who worked for me and neighbours. Most of the blokes are gone now but I am still in weekly contact with widows, children and grandkids, sort of extended family. Left the Army and Germany in November 1967. During my coach driving days I was always passing through and staying for various lengths of time in all areas of the country. My wife and I were at Potsdammer Platz in November 1989 when the wall was broached. Not visited for a couple of years now but we are planning a trip to Frankfurt next January for an Arts & Craft Exhibition. I'll be going as the official translator for our daughter and her husband
Main thing is I'll have a chance to drive our A8 the way she was built to be driven!! Last time over there we still had our Nissan Maxima and cruising for a couple of hours at 140mph was grand. Ripped of a few Mercs that were travelling with me
Use to go summer weekend camping near Gottingen and winter skiing down there.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)