View Single Post
Old 6th January 2018, 02:07 PM

Default fault

Happy New year

...so I am back with an update. I recently bought the brake light switch which didn't solve the ABS,ESP,speedo problem. It turned out is a controller on the ABS pump, as the A8 permanently had error lights on and VAG pointed out the controller.
I have decided to remove the controller (black plastic box as on picture) and try to fix it. I am telling you is a pain to open the box. resoldered all hair thin connections (they are not even visible in the picture) and also the ticker silver connections (8 approx) tested connections with a multimeter all good. sealed it back and re-installed it back to the car,,, sadly communication with the controller still persist(I guess is one of the chips is faulty), so sourced matching pump+controller from Prestige Motor Services and swapped the controller only.. Connected VAG and read the controller so happy times, ECU is communicating with ABS. however when I try to code the controller(same codes as on the old one) it does go through "Coding accepted" but once I close the controller reopen ABS Brakes the coding is gone. Does anybody have an idea why is that??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2206.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	337.4 KB
ID:	17723   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2186.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	302.5 KB
ID:	17724   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2187.jpg
Views:	569