Thread: RPM fluctations
View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2021, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcs View Post
I did further research and decided to replace the brake switch.

This car is now 100%. The 'box can coast, it doesn't lock and unlock the TC clutch, it has power off the line again. Shifts are also more concise somehow.

I took apart the brake switch, it is a two position switch and it seems it is possible for it to misread occasionally or stick confusing the gearbox ecu.
This sounds exactly like the issue several of us have had with the D2s. If interested, there is a very lengthy thread about it spanning several years, which all boils down to the brake switch. The link below is to a post I made, which quoted two other members posts (MikkiJayne and HPsauce), how you can check it and what to check for, although chances are the block number referenced is probably different on the D3:

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showpost....&postcount=247

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds