View Single Post
Old 8th February 2018, 10:09 AM

Morning Matt.
I have been using the Webasto to warm up the cabin on cold mornings. I have not added the water pump and pipes to install the full system.
On cold days I head out in slippers etc., open the car, press and hold the "ON/OFF" switch on J255 until the temperatures display. This fires up the blowers and Webasto. I can then lock the car and go back indoors.
Twenty minutes later I can go out to a defrosted, warm and toasty A8.
Now the project. Dah! Dah!.
I have a remote control sender receiver pair. The Rx has a relay with normally open contacts that I would to connect electrically across the contacts of the J255 On/Off switch. If that could be done then I could remotely set the Webaso etc. going from the bedroom, have a wash and the car would be ready for me.
Total luxury at up to now no cost!!!!
If no one offers a J255 I was planning on trying A8 Parts.
I don't want to break into my working unit until I have a decent idea of the problems that may arise. Even a circuit diagram of the internals would help.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)