View Single Post
Old 29th March 2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
I decided to do the same and bought some Osram "Cool Blue Intense" H7's and fitted them this morning.

They're advertised as "up to 4200 Kelvin Xenon Look", but they're very disappointing.
They are somewhat whiter (and brighter) than the stock bulbs (also Osram) but still look very yellow alongside the sidelights and/or HID's.

I guess I'll live with them unless someone has a recommendation for a really good matching bulb?
Anything other than a standard colour bulb will give reduced light output due to the colour temperature being 'off' from the optimal.

My sidelight bulbs are an awful colour match to the headlights but were claimed to be the closest filament type bulb in colour. I wasn't convinced by the quality of the LED options in that design at the time, although better ones may now be available?

I just wanted properly bright lights for my flash/main beam assist and front fogs, as they're so rarely used the most important thing to me is that they put more light out.

I have these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Philips-X-...item4cfa112856

From that seller who I've used a number of times with no issues at all. Those are the right fitment for both applications.

If I put my front fogs on with my headlights on I can actually see more light on the road, unlike the crappy standard bulbs that were in them originally! That's after fitting new xenon headlight bulbs too - the originals of those were past it too.

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC