View Single Post
Old 16th September 2016, 07:12 AM

Thank you very much
It was certainly a great thing to do for many reasons and satisfaction from doing it was and still is huge.
£250 repair seems a very good deal, but I only was 95% confident in it due to lack of pictures of the repair and this was the crucial 5% of me no, let's crack on with it and see what's is all about. On the end of the day if would have failed have way thru I could always sent a split manifold for the repair, but I knew from the beginning that the biggest challenge will be to split it, and it was.
I know that Ron is very pleased with his repaired manifold, but me being me and brutally honest, I've got slightly more doubts now in the repair process for such a small money considering what really is involved and how time consuming this process is. As a business I would probably charge at least £250 just for splitting the manifold and re-sealing it.
All in I'm very pleased and that loss of power if any isn't noticeable at all, when you floor it car responds the same way it was before with no weird lag or choking.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten