View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2019, 03:52 PM

I actually covered 484 miles in the bad weather. From Wigan, via Chepstow, to Warminster and back to Wigan via Leyland.
I even left the M4 at Junction 17 to head South on the A350 on Friday morning. That was where BBC News were broadcasting reports of dire weather.
OK it was snowing and some of it sitting on ice and I did not have winter tyres on.
Only one problem and that was an idiots fault. Line of traffic in the nearside lane stopped at a roundabout where I wanted to turn right. I used the correct approach and used the offside lane with indicator flashing. A white van driver seeing that I was coming through pulled out in front of me and stopped on the skew because he lost grip. I thought sh1t but my trusty 8 stopped without any problem even though it was slushy snow on hard packed ice. Then when he actually managed to move he went straight ahead.
As you have already commented, problem is the standard of driving.
My return from Warminster took less than four and a half hours. Better than summer driving time.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)