View Single Post
Old 7th February 2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
Which is why those of us with D2s tend to secure our fog-light grilles a bit more securely, considering how much they cost.

As for the Chinese versions, can't comment on the grilles, but the comments I've heard about stuff originating from there tends to run along the lines of 'not a perfect fit', 'plastics being a big hard' and 'plastics very cheap looking'.

In all honestly, anything that I've bought that has come out of China has never been 'cheap looking' or 'ill fitting'. I think it boils down to whether you want to risk the £30, and if they're cheap and nasty, you can at least let everyone here know to avoid them.
I had a D2 and yeah those fog light grills were a nightmare! The D3 ones are far more secure in normal day to day running and I recall despite cable ties my D2 ones going in a car park

I'm tempted to give the Chinese ones a go. The car has 175k and isn't a show model, but more of a work horse. It's hardly a pristine example to start with, they're low down and more conspicuous by the absence. Swapping the pair will balance out any slight style differences!

Previous :
1998 S8 PF 4.2 V8 D2 - Gearbox died ~120k
2002 S8 FL 4.2 40v V8 D2 Prins LPG - Engine valves met pistons ~230K

Also :
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0l (Post Apocalyptic makeover)
2003 Brabus Smart FourTwo (should sell)
2003 Mazda Rx8 2.3 (might sell)