View Single Post
Old 27th August 2021, 01:45 PM
Banned

Yeah, the unit I have will only properly work if you swap the crappy bose amp to something normal that takes normal rca line in.. Bose system has a floating ground which is not the same as the chassis ground so naturally there will be a potential difference between amp and the radio, hence the pops when turning on/off, muting etc.

I have now mastered my setup with the 2 phoenix gold amps I have and it works perfect, with the equaliser having a separate slider for the subwoofer.

In my 'android radio journey' I have even managed to fry a filtering cap on the 12v rail inside the radio, but luckily icebox audio sold me a spare for £55 shipped, I had it in within a week.

Additionally the coreboard of the radio (little board that houses ram, cpu and memory) can be upgraded to faster versions as time goes on...

I really can't fault it.

One day once I feel confident enough in the car i plan to drive down to Mikki so she can do an inspection on my car and find even more things wrong with it for me to fix and have a play with my set up if she wants

One tip for anyone buying any android radio: buy the dab antenna from the same people you buy the head unit from as you will experience hiss sounds when you launch the dab radio app for a few seconds as the USB module boots if its an aftermarket one from amazon like I have. In the factory settings of each radio there are options to select which model of the USB dab antenna module you have purchased so that it works flawlessly and the random amazon one I have wasn't on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	230
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	27114  

Last edited by Ronin; 27th August 2021 at 01:56 PM.