View Single Post
Old 18th September 2021, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
Hmm.. Tesla Supercharger in Kaunas, Lithuania on Tesla website is showing as coming soon, opening date to be confirmed but on A Better Route Planner it is already live. When I checked couple of weeks ago it was not on ABRP. If it is live then it means I could actually make it to Latvia just on Tesla Superchargers 'filling up' for free, at least theoretically. It is a long stint from Warszaw to Kaunas and it shows max driving speed 70km/h to make it but I can always make a short stop at 3rd party CCS supercharger between two to top up a bit for couple of EUR.

We are planning to go there for Christmas (travel rules and Covid restrictions permitting) and have booked ferry from Harwich to Holland and back already just cannot decide wether to risk Tesla or use Q7. Would need to get winter tyres for Tesla (already have a 2nd winter set for Q7) and a spare wheel. Plenty 50kW CCS/Chademo chargers in Latvia to get around locally, there is one about 100 meters from my destination in Latvia. Strangely they are charging per minute not kW, it's 0.15 EUR/min
"Coming soon" could mean anything (historically...) for Tesla supercharger opening but is much more reliable now. I'm not sure if you have a Chademo adapter for yours - I do, though it's pretty much surplus to requirements for me since I bought the CCS adapter for mine about a year ago. I also may have a (mint) set of five 19" winter rims, shod with PA4s, each with about 6-7mms each available shortly.

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.