View Single Post
Old 5th December 2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
The reason the battery goes completely flat is the bem is only capable of shutting down non critical loads, if you study the electrical diagrams you'll see that most devices are wired in a way where they connect directly to the fuse box and if that device doesn't go to sleep or is not controlled by the bem then it's going to continue drawing current.

The lights on the console are a sign that the cars not going to sleep and is constantly sucking the life out of the battery.

I have had door handles do it too me, i've seen on the internet things like bad instrument cluster, tv tuner, water in mmi panel, faulty alarm and probably more that can cause this so its just a matter of figuring out whats pulling it down.

Have a look at the attachments, give you a place to start.

Hmm ok sounds logical, but when you say you've had door handles do that to you. What did you end up doing there? Disasemble the door handle and swap out the switches and coat it up with some conformal coating afterwords? Or swaping out the entire handle? Never had the door panels, let alone the handles of a D3 before so i have no idea how there made lol.

Thx for the doc's mate! I hope i get some time this weekend to reflash the MMI and hopefully get that working so that i can go on with the messuring the drain =/
BI-Xenon Headlights, Keyless, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI, 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Seat Memory on Both Sides, Heated / Cooled Sport Front Seats, Electrically Adjustable Rear & Heated Rear Seats Alacantra roofliner, Exterior LED Package, Lane Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control & Heated Steeringwheel ++.