View Single Post
Old 26th January 2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
This however, i'm less inclined to concede to - I've had everything from squeaky headlinings to loose subwoofers to faulty towbars all done under extended warranty. I got some resistance from the dealer over the towbar as they struggled with the concept it was factory fitted and not an accessory, but got them to put the claim in (which was rejected because they did a half arsed job) then I rang the Audi warranty direct and got them to approve it...

I'm not sure factory warranty is approved any more swiftly than extended but interested to hear any examples....

I think a supplying dealer is likely going to respond to faults a little more swiftly as the ball is going to land in their court no matter how the warranty conversation goes I guess.

But, depends on the dealer.

And, I've personally had experience of Ipswich cutting corners. They are the cowboys that sold a Q7 with faulty keyless entry. Warranty claim was rejected because the car was sold with faults. Ended up with my local Audi cross charging them for the work which they eventually conceded to, after getting Audi UK involved.

I'd walk away from this car Roberto, it sounds like a heap of bother tbh.
Check out the exclusions in the cover booklet, pages 10-11. https://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/a...20Warranty.pdf

It looks like you have personally experienced one of those!

I've had squeeking sunroof, not covered as you had it looked at under factory warranty (pre-existing), then when I argued that not covered as glass/seals, offer of 40% "good will" to install a new sunroof, I greased the seals - problem solved.

Most recent one was the mirror adjustment switch had stopped working, they had the part in stock and was essentially a 15 minute job, but "can take a few hours for approval as we have to send pictures and logs from the car and then await auth before we do the work", so all day job! I'm told on factory warranty they have pre-auth, but not extended.

My 12v sockets still aren't working, fuse pops immediately, seems to be short to ground. I need to agree to pay to strip down at £130 an hour + VAT as it likely won't be covered as a wiring fault.....

Honestly, it is a war of attrition, and easier to fix niggles myself, but for the fear of voiding the warranty