Thread: One for IT guys
View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2016, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyo View Post
The customer I work for currently runs 4 physical servers running VMWare, spread across those 4 hosts we currently have around 75 virtual servers all running off those 4 boxes. Each of those 4 boxes has dual Xeon quad core CPUs and 128GB of RAM in each. I look after and maintain the whole lot, plus 2 other physical servers which are required due to needing access to PCIe cards. Storage wise we have two large NAS connected via multipath iSCSI to each host, we have at least 100TB of storage and more. The biggest headache is network cables because of the multipath IO to the SAN, each host has 8 network cables for the LAN connectivity and 8 for the SAN, so 16 cables in each host.
Seeing as I forgot about this thread, I thought I would provide an update.

We are just commencing a datacenter move of the above, but none of the existing kit is being retained. We've just setup the new kit, 3 hosts are replacing the four but we now have dual 8 core CPUs in each with 512GB ram in each box. So now if anything it will have loads of spare capacity. We also have SAN redundancy with the whole lot being mirrored in addition to the normal RAID setup.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles